Thursday, July 20, 2006

copyranter getting annoyed by all these reporters calling.



It's official: I'm the go-to adhole for the New York Post. In Today's edition, reporter Mandy Stadtmiller gets my take on viral advertising (story link)—in particular this billboard which has now been discovered to be for a Court TV show. For the record, I did not say I find Volvo's advertising "enjoyable" (far from it). I meant to say that the best any advertiser can hope for is that their intrusive mind pollution is entertaining and remembered and doesn't piss people off.
Look for the Post profile on the copyranter in the coming weeks.

UPDATE: For the record, I was NOT misquoted by Stadtmiller. It just came out, on paper, reading like I think Volvo's advertising is enjoyable. Which, correct quote or not, is still not true.

previously:

copyranter makes NY Post Debut.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn it, makethelogobigger just stole my line!

Except I was going to say:

Media Ho. Congrats ;-)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

you need another alias, a la Deep Throat. nice!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Steve Hall said...

Ha! She called me. I called her back. She called me back. We never hooked up. Take whatever publicity you can get:-)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Harry Pujols said...

Come on! The Post is as reputable as the Weekly World News these days.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this make you a conservative shill?

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm...the soothing warm glow of real media attention. feels good! congratulations. nothing wrong with media whoredom. ny post rocks btw.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home